Summary of Qualifications
- Five years teaching experience with fully online, hybrid, and blended courses using D2L, Moodle, and Blackboard.
- Develop/design content using a variety of media elements for courses and workshops.
- Adept in using D2L and troubleshooting instructional difficulties within the platform.
- Adept in providing instructional design support to individuals with varying technical skills and in many settings: face-to-face, online, email, and telephone.
- Successfully performs in both team and individual settings.
- Able to self-teach necessary technical skills quickly and efficiently.
- Knowledgeable in many academic subjects due to a diverse educational background.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, patient, easily engages others, ability to connect with people on many levels.
- Software applications: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher), GoogleApps (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Drawings), Adobe Acrobat, PDF Annotator, PDF Fusion.
- Web conferencing: Blackboard Collaborate, Adobe Connect, WebEx, Google Hangout, Skype.
- LMS: Blackboard, Desire2Learn, Moodle.
- Graphic Tools: Corel Draw, Corel Photo-Paint, Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Flash, Picasa.
- eLearning & Content Authoring Tools: Captivate, Camtasia, Articulate, Jing, Screencast-o-Matic, Office Mix.
- Basic Web Design/ Development: Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS, Filezilla, WordPress, Kompozer, Google Sites, Corel Website Creator, WebEasy.
- CBT/WBT and graphic design knowledge.
- Social Networking: LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, YouTube, Twitter, MySpace.
- Multimedia software: Movie Maker, Audacity, Vocaroo, SoundCloud, Blackboard Voice Tools.
- Others: Respondus, StudyMate, SlideShare, Photobucket, McGraw-Hill Connect, Pearson MyLabs, CengageNow, OneDrive, LinoIt.
- Advise faculty as a content expert for course development, revision, and takeover.
- Organize course content for flow and ease of navigation.
- Convert inaccessible course content into accessible formats.
- Fix HTML/CSS code so that content pages render correctly for both computers and mobile devices.
- Research and implement free publisher content and OER’s to enhance student engagement.
- Find innovative methods that transform course content to promote student interaction.
- Encourage and instruct faculty to integrate new tools and technologies such as video, audio, interactive presentations, images, RSS feeds, and rubrics.
- Review Business, Economics, and Chemistry online course shells using the PCC QM Rubric and report recommendations to the Dean.
- Co-teach the Online Instructor Orientation and the Fundamentals of Online Learning Courses at PCC.
- Teach EC 200, EC 201, EC 202, MTH 244, BA 205 as web-enhanced, hybrid, or online courses.
- Develop unique course curriculum including a custom textbook compilations for EC 200 and EC 332U.
- Create audio, video, and interactive lectures for online and face-to-face courses.
- Translate publisher content to complement course materials and promote active student engagement.
- Design comprehensive Desire2Learn course shells following the QM Rubric.
- Teach EC 332U both as web-enhanced courses and online. EC 332U is the first and only 300-level online economics course at Portland State University.
- Design pricing guides, pamphlets, programs, flyers, letterheads, business cards, and logos for a variety of applications.
- Edit a variety of design projects recommending color, space, typeset, and graphics.
- Instructional Technology Specialist, Portland Community College, Portland, OR, August 2015 – Present
- Online Faculty Mentor, Portland Community College, Portland, OR, September 2013 – August 2015
- Instructor, Portland Community College, Portland, OR , September 2011 – Present
- Instructor, Portland State University, Portland, OR, January 2011 – Present
- Copy Editor, McGraw-Hill, Telecommuter, August 2009 – December 2012
- Teaching Assistant, Portland State University, Portland, OR, September 2007 – June 2009
- Analytical Chemist II, Anatek Labs, Moscow, ID, August 2002 – July 2007
- Portland State University, Portland, OR
- MEM Masters in Environmental Management, March 2015
- Graduate Certificate: Sustainability, March 2015
- M.S. Economics, June 2009
- Graduate Certificate: Environmental and Natural Resource Economics, June 2009
- Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR
- Graduate Certificate: Management in Science and Technology, December 2006
- Whitworth College, Spokane, WA
- B.A. Chemistry, December 2000
- Minors: Environmental Studies and Business Management
- Columbia University of New York, Oracle, AZ
- Biosphere 2 Center Earth Semester in Environmental Science and Policy, May 2000
Additional Training and Graduate Coursework
- Portland Community College, Portland, OR, June 2013 – November 2013
- Certified QM Peer Reviewer
- Certificate of Completion: Independent Applying the QM Rubric
- Portland State University, Portland, OR, Winter 2008 – June 2010
- Applied Statistics I & II, Linear Regression
- Experimental Design I, Sampling Theory & Methods
- University of Idaho, Idaho, ID, December 2005
- Environmental Policy, Environmental Philosophy
- Washington State University, Vancouver, WA, May 2001
- Environmental Assessment, Biogeochemistry, Environmental Archaeology
Leadership and Accomplishments
- Member, Sub-committee for Faculty Negotiations at Portland Community College
- Developer and Facilitator of the “All About Design: Your Online Classroom” for PCC Faculty
- Course Developer of a QM Certified EC 201 course receiving 95/95 points
- Primary project collaborator for developing online courses for the Department of Economics at Portland State University
- Editor-in-Chief for the Sustainable Development Practices group project on a Climate Preparation Proposal for Portland and Multnomah County
- Event Planner: Developed, prepared, and coordinated a wedding rehearsal dinner for 40 people
- Final Editor for an Environmental Impact Statement on WSU Vancouver’s Media Building for the Environmental Assessment course
- Research Leader for a Chemistry Research course that conducted nitrate, nitrate, and ammonia soil core analysis in the rainforest biome of the Biosphere 2 Center
- Team Leader for Analytical Chemistry Lab Research that conducted water chemistry analysis on a local stream, Whitworth College
- Tutor of K-6 children for the Sunnyside Lutheran Church after school program, Spokane, WA